Friday, October 8, 2010

A light shines through..

I am happy to report a reprieve from the doom and gloom outside. For the past few days it has been sunny dry and warm once again. Now I know this is only temporary, but hey I'll take it. Currently it is a nice 70degrees outside. The beautiful warming sun is pouring through my office window. Ah soak up that Vitamin D. It really does  do a body good! He he.
So I was able to get to the park for a wonderful 7 mile hike with my Great friend Erica. We walked and talked and of course picked up a generous amount of foliage as we went. All in all it was a wonderful night. I have much to experiment and work with now. Also got in some relaxation time. There is nothing I enjoy more than a good long hike. It doesn't matter if I'm alone or with Jimmy or friends. The woods are my playground. My happy place. I'm so excited that my son is getting old enough to go with me now. I have always taken him but for small amounts of time. The last time we ventured into the woods we were in search of faeries and Trolls. Such an imagination. At least I know where he gets it.
So tonight I continue the fun side as we Journey to PA for a flashlight corn maze. This should be interesting. I was told it will take us about 2-3 hours to get through. I can't wait.
Meanwhile On the work front. The leaves and acorns have been set up to properly dry. I'm hoping by Sunday they will be ready to coat. From there with a little practice and a lot of luck the possibilities of creating something beautiful are endless. Chow for the weekend my friends. May you all have beautiful fall weather!!

Oh I love this season!

9 comments:

  1. Glad you got to enjoy some great weather! Fall is sort of non-existent where I live and while I love the warm weather I miss the changing of the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about the maze! Sounds pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. A maze that takes 2 hours to get through? Awesome! Our local maze is too simple for adults. I hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just what you mean about getting a reprieve from the gloom and some vitamin D. Even thought we're on different coasts, it sounds like we've been experiencing similar weather.

    Wow, that corn maze sounds incredible! I can't wait to hear about the experience!

    I'm thrilled and honored to be included in a group of such talented and dynamic women in the Toucan Tribe. I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and your blog better! Warmest wishes, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall, even though we don't get colors, we just get less heat. I love to visit the colors just up the mountain. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The maze sounds like fun! We used to do flashlight tag in a cemetery that was near my college campus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm! Those leaves look SO pretty! Makes me crave fall a little bit.
    The weather where I lives is very odd. I live near the ocean but if you drive only five minutes inland, the temperature raises about what seems 10 degrees! Its chilly when I wake up every morning. And no sun. But again, if I drive 10 minutes inland, the sun pops out. Kind of strange....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this season, too!! So very much!! And I love long hikes as well. My friend and i walk every weekday about 4 miles. love it...especially in the fall!:)

    Can't wait to hear more about what you're doing with the leaves and such. Oh I am following now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The maze does sound like fun...I may have to go to one after all. What a gorgeous photo of the leaves. I love the colors of fall.

    Visiting from SITSgirls, BlogFrog and Toucan Tribe. Awesome to find you!!

    ReplyDelete